Many of us have been there at some point: The dreaded yeast infection. But it’s a real double whammy when you also get your period at the same time! If that’s the situation you’re currently in (we send you a big virtual hug!), then you might wonder what to do with your OVIO Cup. Well, you came to the right place! We’ve got all the answers right here for you.
Can I still use my OVIO Cup while having a yeast infection?
When you’re on your period and have a yeast infection, you might want to consider reusable pads or breathable period underwear rather than your OVIO Cup. This gives your downstairs area a little break and you can treat your infection properly. We wouldn’t recommend using single-use pads or panty liners as they aren’t very breathable and can actually make matters worse! Please bear in mind that we’re not medical professionals! So if you’re suffering from a yeast infection, it’s important that you speak to your pharmacist or GP about it.
Do I have to throw my cup away if I’ve used it while having a yeast infection?
No, there’s absolutely no need for you to throw your cup away! To prevent reinfection, it’s just super important that you sterilise and clean it properly.
How do I clean my OVIO Cup after a yeast infection?
- Wash your cup properly using warm water and some mild, unperfumed soap.
- Put some water in a pan and bring it to a rolling boil; then boil your cup for about 6-7 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t touch the pan itself as this could cause damage to the silicone! How? Maybe try using a whisk or sieve to keep it away from the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure your OVIO Cup stays fully underwater for the whole time so no yeast spores can survive.
- Remove the cup from after about 6 minutes and let it cool down.
- After your OVIO Cup has cooled down, give it another wash with warm water and mild, unperfumed soap (bonus points if it’s pH neutral).
- Rinse properly to make sure there’s no soap left on the cup and let it dry.
- If you put your OVIO Cup in its little drawstring bag before following the steps above, make sure to also give that a proper wash.
- Your OVIO Cup is safe to use again!
Leave a Reply